Saturday, March 3, 2007

Places I've been and Things I've seen!!

I have been rooming with a wonderful couple from Boerne Sue and David and we have quickly become very close. They have made living here and getting used to things that are different very easy. They have also been like parents to me, reassuring me, encouraging me and helping me to adjust very easily. I thank God that they were put into my life, they are wonderful people and I will miss them greatly. We have been able to go every weekend to a new place so I thought I would update you as to the places I’ve been. The first weekend I went to the source of the Nile. We rode in a small motor boat that I thought would flood (it was kind of scary but we made it) to where the Nile meets Lake Victoria. This is the largest lake in the world and it was very nice. This is where I also walked through my first look at poverty. In order to get to the boat we had to walk through sewer, trash and broken down shacks that were people’s houses. It was a very eye opening experience. The next weekend we got to go to Speke resort which is where the queen and the parliament will be staying when they come in August. It was beautiful I really didn’t feel like I was in Africa, I was surrounding by beauty. We went here with the Anderson’s (a family here who is serving with Rafiki for at least two years) they take their children every once in a while to swim in their pool. The following weekend we went to the equator, which was not anything spectacular but it was neat to know you were standing in two hemispheres. I was able to buy some neat jewelry made by women with aids and it is surprisingly made out of paper. So far I have seen so many things and I have experienced a lot. I am now by myself though being the only person in the guest house and the only mini-missionary but I know I will continue to have many neat experiences. This can be a good thing but also a lonely thing, but so far I have been just fine with it all. Please pray that I will not get lonely or homesick for the next couple of months and that I will continue to grow.