Saturday, March 10, 2007

I hate being sick!!

I guess God wanted me to understand what starvation really felt like. I have had a bacterial stomach infection and have had nothing to eat in over 72 hours. I thought at times the 30 hour famine was difficult. Little did I know! I went to the doctor in town that Rafiki uses and was surprised at how nice it is! The doctor was very nice and after having a malaria test and some other lab work, I got some medicine and was on my way. It only cost 35,800 shillings which is only $20.45, which was for medicine and the lab work!! I am very lucky though because the amount of bacteria was huge and to not be feeling sick or throwing up as well has been a God thing. God has been good though in giving me a day of no school (it was Women’s day, which they celebrate here). I made it through teaching one class on Friday and just being weak with no stamina I decided to come back home. So just pray for those who can’t eat for longer than this amount of time, I can’t imagine! At least it isn’t malaria!!!!