Saturday, April 28, 2007

Wow time flies!!!

Well it hit me today that I only have 8 more days of teaching (we have Monday and Thursday off). I also only have 18 more days in this country. I am leaving a bunch of things here so I will have a suitcase empty that I am using to take product back to Rafiki. They have a store in San Antonio where they sell the products that girls have made. I was told to bring it up this next week so it could be packed! That is when it really hit me!

This week however it was really neat to see how God works in these children. Rick the little boy that I have been tutoring since I have been here has really made huge gains in his learning. He has built up confidence and is now screaming out the words as he reads. He came to Rafiki only a year ago at the age of 7 and he did not know English or Luganda. So it is amazing to hear him read! It is working with these kind of children that I will miss. Today Mama Anna and Auntie Edith asked when I was going to come back, and they said they would pray for my return. It really just touched my heart as well as all of these children have. Africa has grabbed a hold of my heart and these children will remain with me forever!!